With the ongoing crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring the safety of ourselves and our loved ones is naturally of the highest priority. We at Smyth Puzzles are committed to protecting our customers, and offer this explanation of the precautions we are taking to minimise the risk of contagion. These precautions will remain in place until the situation has been fully resolved, either by reaching percentages of vaccination or herd immunity where contagion is no longer a serious concern, or by the virus reaching an endemic level at which credible medical authorities advise a return to normalcy.
For the duration of the current situation, we will be taking the following precautions:
- Keeping the Smyth Puzzles studio closed to members of the public
- Practising strict self-isolation, avoiding all nonessential trips away from our homes or the Smyth Puzzles studio
- Minimising in-person social interactions outside of our immediate family members
- Staying up to date with recommended vaccine schedules as they develop
- Wearing face-masks at all times when away from our homes, with the exception of driving
- Entirely avoiding indoor public spaces where face-masks are not required
- Practising recommended hand-washing technique and thoroughly sanitising face-masks after each trip away from home
- Sanitising all incoming materials for crafting puzzles
- Ensuring that, from the arrival of the raw materials to the packing of your puzzle for shipment, only a single person has contact with it
Once turned over to Canada Post for shipment, it will be handled in accordance with their policies. For updates on their handling of and response to the situation, please see https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/corporate-news/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.page.
Given the COVID-19 virus' low ability to survive in mail and packages, we believe that these measures should be sufficient to remove all practical risk to our customers.
On behalf of Smyth Puzzles, stay safe and stay well.